Our August release has another hotly anticipated feature from the Microsoft Business Application Summit, grouping.
Grouping in reports, similar to PowerPoint’s grouping, lets you easily organize groups of visuals to move and resize them as a set. This month’s release also has some updates to our newest features, such as an icon set picker for our newly added icons conditional formatting and measure support for key influencers.
As a reminder, you’re now downloading a single .exe file that has all the languages wrapped into it. The old .msi installation is still available from the Download Center, but we’ll be deprecating that in September. If you’re automatically downloading it from there each month, you’ll need to update your scripts. If you want to know more about deploying Power BI Desktop remotely through scripts read our documentation.
Here’s the complete list of August updates:
- Grouping visuals
- Filter pane auto-update
- Icon style picker for Icons conditional formatting
- Conditional formatting warnings
- Support for SAP HANA HDI Containers
- Edit SAP variables in Power BI Service (preview)
- PostgreSQL DirectQuery (beta)
- MarkLogic connector now generally available
- New Power Platform category within Get Data
For more information, look here: