I have been waiting a long time for this to become available, but now you are able to create an Office 365 trial environment, for free, which can be used for a whole year.
Demos.Microsoft.com has been available for some time now, for Microsoft Partners, and I have used it many times to create demo environments for Office 365 and Business Central, but until now I was only able to create environments that were valid for 90 days. Granted, that’s a lot better then a ‘normal’ Office 365 trial which is valid for 30 days.
So how many tenants can you create as a Partner?
- One Year tenants: 1
- 90-Day Tenants: 5
What is the difference between demo tenants and a traditional Office 365 trial offer?
- Traditional Office 365 trial offer provides users a 30 day Office 365 E5 license containing 25-seats with no tenant content.
- Demo tenants provides users with licenses pertinent to the tenant type selected and also includes rich, demo-ready sample content (document libraries, emails, OneDrive contents, Yammer posts, etc.).
How do I create a Quick tenant?
- Navigate to My Environments
- Select Create Tenant
- Choose Quick Tenant from Type Selection
- And voila:
How do I now create a Business Central tenant?
- Copy your credentials, for example to notepad, and now goto https://trials.dynamics.com and register for a Business Central trial with the Office 365 email address which you received from the quick tenant you created:
- Now you can go to your administration center for Business Central:
- There you can create a new production or sandbox environment, AND since the 2019 Wave 2 release, you can now also select your country:
How cool is that?!