A free version of Teams, the collaboration tool used by hundreds of thousands of businesses across the world, has been released by Microsoft.
The program, which brings together chat, meetings, calling, files and apps in a shared workspace, will be available in 40 languages for up to 300 people.
The move comes ahead of Inspire, Microsoft’s annual partner conference, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The free version of Teams, part of Microsoft 365, will feature:
- Unlimited chat messages and search
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups and full team meetups
- 10 gigabytes (GB) of team file storage plus additional 2GB per person for personal storage
- Integrated, real-time content creation with Office Online apps, including built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Unlimited app integrations with 140+ business apps to choose from – including Adobe, Evernote and Trello
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organisation, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure