Today Microsoft announced Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft AppSource to bring our customers new, modern, enterprise-ready intelligent business apps.
See this article here: Turning business process into business advantage for organizations everywhere.
Dynamics 365 apps are designed so they can be easily and independently deployed. That means you can start small and pay only for what you need. Yet they work together seamlessly so, as your business demands, you can grow into additional capabilities with ease. They include built-in insights, predictive intelligence and workflow optimization, all of which will be delivered through simple, easy-to-use, mobile experiences with offline capabilities.
Power BI and Cortana Intelligence will be natively embedded to help customers achieve their business goals with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps.
Deep integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 will connect the structured workflow of business apps with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity.
Dynamics 365 apps will use a common data model, shared with Office 365, to simplify data management and integration across apps and business processes.
Microsoft AppSource is Microsoft’s new destination for business users to find and try out line-of-business SaaS apps from Microsoft and partners.
The Business Application Platform allows to Innovate faster and is based upon this model:
- Power users
- who understand their business challenges the best can now quickly build and deliver solutions without writing code.
- Professional developers
- can now easily extend capabilities for power users and take advantage of rich platform services with the full power of Azure.
- The Microsoft Common Data Model
- offers a rich framework that comes with hundreds of established entities and can be used across apps.
- Connectors and Gateways
- make it possible to get more value out of the services you’re already using.
So it's time to get started and learn about Power BI, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow so you can Unlock insight, Build intelligent interfaces and Evolve.
Erik P. Ernst: