Today is the first Desktop update of the year. With this new year, there’s a new release cadence as well. Up until this point, Microsoft released Power BI Desktop updates at the end of the month, but going forward they will be releasing earlier in the month.
The first release with this new release cadence has several exciting improvements for tables and matrix and several connector improvements as well, so please have a look here:
Here’s the complete list of January updates:
- Report View
- Table header word wrap
- Table & matrix conditional formatting improvement – blank formatting
- New aggregations for string and dateTime columns
- Phone reports GA
- Data Connectivity
- Visual Studio Team Services connector
- Enhanced SQL Server connector – support for SQL Failover option
- Query Editing Improvements
- New transform: extract values from a nested list
Please don’t forget to vote for other features that you would like to see in the Power BI Desktop in the future.